Taking care of your tent and making good use of it is essential for it to last for many years. If you want to know how to keep it in good condition, read on!
You still don’t follow us on social media? We are on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest and YouTube.
Tent care starts before camping
In order to extend the life of your tent, you need to start taking care of it before you even pitch it. Keep the following in mind:
- Put insulation on the floor. This will prevent wet or stony ground from coming into direct contact with the tent and breaking up the tent floor.
- Do not pitch it under a pine tree. Resin from pine trees can remain in your tent forever, as it is very difficult to clean.
- Don’t over-tighten the winds. The ropes that reinforce the tent (called guy ropes) should be taut, but just enough to avoid tearing the fabric.
- Secure the pegs well and make sure that they do not bend. The pegs must be well driven in, they must not remain on the surface. Otherwise, the wind may deform the tent.
Tent maintenance during use
During camping, it is also necessary to take care of the maintenance of the tent:
- Cook outside. A good idea is not to cook inside. You can do it outdoors or in the open-air or outdoors with the door open.
- Close the tent tightly when you are not in it to prevent insects from entering.
- Take a repair kit with you. It never hurts to have a spare tent peg, a bungee cord or patches in case of emergency.
Store the tent in good conditions
Before you put your tent away, you should make sure it is in perfect condition. That way, the next time you plan to go camping, you’ll know it’s as good as new and you’ll avoid any unforeseen problems. Follow these tips:
- Clean the tent inside and out. Remove all sand, dirt, leaves and other debris. You can shake it out like a sheet. When you get home, clean it thoroughly with neutral soap and water.
- Do not store it wrinkled and alternate folds. It is best to fold it as indicated in the instructions to keep the fabric in good condition. You can also fold it on one side at a time to prevent the folds from being marked forever.
Find your ideal tent here!
Camping holidays | Alannia Resorts
At Alannia Resorts we have plots of up to 180 m2 and 100% equipped. Enjoy a camping experience with all the comforts and services of a resort: swimming pools, entertainment, swimming pools, restaurants… And much more! ⛺