If you are going to spend your holidays in Alannia Guardamar or Alannia Costa Blanca, we suggest you some plans in Alicante to make the most of your getaway. Check out all that awaits you!
Characteristic cities such as Guardamar, Alicante and Elche are perfect to let yourself be enveloped by the nature of their outdoor activities and routes, family plans and a multitude of culture and leisure activities.
A province full of culture
Alicante and its towns and cities have a lot of history behind them. Do you want to know it?
- Guardamar: the Archaeological Museum, the Castle of Guardamara, the Francisco Mira y Botella House or the Alfonso XIII Park, which houses the extensive pine forest of Guardamar.
- Alicante: the Castle of Santa Barbara, the Lucentum Archaeological Site, the Cathedral of San Nicolás, the Interpretation Centre of the air-raid shelters. You can also visit museums such as the Museum of Contemporary Art, the City Museum or the Exhibition Hall of La Lonja del Pescado.
- Elche: enjoy the old town in the centre of the city, the Basilica of Santa María de Elche, site of the famous performance of the Mystery of Elche. You can also visit the Archaeological Park of l’Alcúdia or the Palace of Altamira, which houses the Archaeological and History Museum of Elche.
- Crevillente: take a tour of its museums: Easter Week Museum, Mariano Benlliure Museum and the Archaeological Museum of Crevillente.
Sport and nature, the perfect combination
With an average of 300 days of sunshine a year, outdoor escapades are one of the top plans in Alicante: from walking or cycling tours to enjoying the sea and its various sporting possibilities.
- Guardamar: the Reina Sofía Park or the mouth of the Segura River are ideal environments to discover with the family. Guardamar, as well as having the “Les Raboses” football pitch or the aeromodelling track, is also an ideal place to enjoy water sports and adventure.
- Alicante: you can visit the Ereta Park, which includes 7 hectares of green areas, and the Palmeral Park, combining it with the various hiking routes or adventure sports.
- Elche: awarded as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this city has large green areas, such as the Palmeral de Elche or the Huerto del Cura Garden. Just a few minutes’ drive away is the Elche Reservoir, a spectacle of nature!
- Crevillente: its mountain range is an ideal place for hiking lovers. And you can’t miss the El Hondo Nature Reserve!
Leisure for the whole family
Whatever you like… Alicante’s leisure is for you! Its wide offer will not leave anyone indifferent and is suitable for the whole family.
- Alicante: the Children’s Museum (Amusement Park) or the Farm Paintball are perfect places for a fun family experience. If what you fancy is a visit to the city, you can take a stroll through the traditional Barrio de Santa Cruz, the Explanada de España or have a drink in Calle Castaños. You can also include in your activities a performance at the Teatro Principal or some shopping in one of its Shopping Centres: Gran Vía, Puerta de Alicante or Plaza Mar. And why not see the city from another perspective? Aeroglobo de Alicante offers you an aerial-spatial journey in a hot air balloon. If we get closer to the sea, you can take a trip to Tabarca, the only inhabited island in the Valencian Community, and its spectacular beaches: Cala Granadella (Xàbia), Playas del Albir (Alfàs del Pi), Cala del Moraig (Poble Nou de Benitatxell), Playa de Muchavista (Campello) or Cala Portitxol (Xávia).
- Elche: you’ll find lots of fun for all the family, such as the Mega Laser Game inspired by Star Wars, the Parapark Elche with its dozens of puzzles to solve, the ice rink or the Elche Karting Club. For a day’s shopping, you can stroll around the Centro Comercial l’Aljub. And if you are looking for a place to have a quiet drink, the Plaza de las Flores and the Plaza de las Chimeneas are the ideal places. For sunbathing and swimming in the sea, you can visit El Pinet Beach.
Alicante has one of the most appreciated gastronomic offers in the Spanish Levante region, get to know its restaurants! 🍴
- Guardamar: its proximity to the sea allows us to offer the freshest products. At Restaurante Chema you can savour traditional ingredients in gastrobar format and even accompany your dinners with a DJ. Restaurante Valenti Playa 1964 will serve you its star dish, paella, overlooking the sea.
- Alicante: you will be able to choose between restaurants of different types and origins, from typical, popular and cheap food to haute cuisine: Steki, Nou Manolín, Monastrell, Open, Porto Felice, La Crispeta, Bodeguita 1999, Terre, Bar Manero…
- Elche: this city also has a wide gastronomic offer: Restaurante la Finca, Mesón El Granaíno, Restaurante Matola, Restaurante Els Capellans, Cervecería La Sabata, Taberna Fuego Lento, Vegetariano TEFF or Columpio Bar Elche are very good options.
Holidays on the Costa Blanca | Alannia Resorts
If you are planning to stay at one of our resorts in Alicante, you can book tours, tickets and more activities here, we are waiting for you! ☀️